Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Marxist presntation analysis: Resorces

Our class presentation was on Marxism and in order for everyone to make sense of Marxist ideas we all placed diverse branches that affected a community with Marxist ideals. For example I did resources. Although it was a challenge because Marxism is indulged in complexity that we had to simplify Marxist terms such as the usage of resources regarding class status. I worked on resources and understood the correlation the term of resources had with status. By this I mean that if a member of the Bourgeoisie, a doctor to specify, lost his job, besides his knowledge, his resource would be the medicine because others in need of medication could purchase from him/her and could make profits. A proletariat, a farmer, is working for money obviously; his job would be the only resource. If the landowner faces economic issues, he lays off workers. The landowner’s resource is his land but the farmer, he lost his job thus his resources. In examples such as these, I have simplified the idea of resources through a communistic approach so not only my group and I are able to understand but everyone else.
My contribution to this besides comprehension of resources in Marxist terms would be the following. Along with the packet my team created for the chosen groups, I have pointed out the resources they obtain. These resources are petty until they realize their value. Once again there are the examples of the farmer and doctor. The doctor’s resource would be his medicine, alongside his paid wealthy home and knowledge of medical practice whereas the farmer must make sure of his stability of his job. The analysis of the effects cannot be seen but in Marxist terms one can predict the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment